Endurance International Group is a publicly traded (NASDAQ: EIGI) technology company that helps power small and medium-sized businesses online. Through its proprietary cloud platform, Endurance provides web presence solutions including web hosting, eCommerce, eMarketing and mobile business tools to approximately 4.4 million subscribers around the globe. The companys world-class family of brands includes Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, A Small Orange, MOJO Marketplace, BigRock and ResellerClub, among others.
In India, Endurance has a very strong presence through its brands Hostgator, BlueHost , BigRock , ResellerClub & Logicboxes. Through its strong performance & brand marketing activities, Endurance has been able to cement itself as an innovative family of brands that are market leaders within their categories.
Headquartered in Burlington , Massachusettes, Endurance employs more than 2,700 people across the United States in Utah, Texas, Washington and Arizona and in the United Kingdom , India. Israel and Brazil.
What is the job like?
As Operations Engineer in the Systems Architect team, you will work with a team of highly technical Operations Engineers, Software engineers, System Administrators, Product Managers etc to engineer great products, deliver five 9’s uptime, build reliable systems, tools & automate processes.
Our teams are small, yet incredibly impactful. We’re highly-motivated, engaged, and empowered to make a difference. We’re looking for talented engineers with a strong operational background and a penchant for solving complex technical problems. Does this sound like you?
Experience: 2-4 years
- Linux & subsystems (memory, storage, network etc) fundamentals/background.
- Networking Fundamentals : DNS, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, HA & Load Balancing Concepts.
- Basic Programming/Scripting Skills (Python, Ruby, Java, Go, Shell)
- Good broad based troubleshooting skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years in a UNIX-based web operations role.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Knowledge of most of these : virtualization, docker, public clouds, relational and non relational databases , web architectures , filesystems, queueing systems, config management, regular expressions.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Design, engineer, deploy and operate world-class, highly available, scalable & reliable products in the IaaS, SaaS, PaaS space
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our services.
- Learn new technology & practices – devote time for learning and continuous improvement of self and team.
- Provide great customer service, respond to escalations and build self-serving tools/methods for customers and support teams.
- Build automated tools to facilitate rapid issue resolution and deployment of new features and changes.
- Imbibe and maintain a strong customer service oriented attitude while designing and building products
- Automation for monitoring, deployment and delivery
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation responsibilities.
- Abide by our organization’s Information Security Policies and guidelines. Information security is the responsibility of every individual working for the organization and all employees have to follow the organization’s Information Security Policies at all times