Senior Operations Engineer - Windows
Operations Engineer – (Windows)
The main focus of this group of techs is managing 100s of windows servers, troubleshooting outages, conduct RCAs, coming up with permanent resolutions & working with System Architects for deployment automation and product development.
- Operation ownership of projects using Windows HyperV and Windows application stacks (IIS, MS-SQL, Mysql etc)
- Responsible for setup and uptime of large Windows deployments.
- Configure and optimize database servers and web servers.Incident analysis/troubleshooting/RCA, provide permanent resolutions.
- Coordinate with customer support teams and resolve customer issues.
- Recommend/implement automated processes for scaling operations.
- Centralized management of applications & configuration using Active Directory.
- Plan, document and execute service/site maintenance schedules.
- Contribute to the operations handbook.
- Pro-actively monitor product/services/site performance, uptime, availability and analyze logs / metrics.
- Participate in the on on-call rotation for fixing service downtime incidents. • Good to have basic Linux understanding Skills
You are an expert/master of some of the below tools/skills -
Windows: Good understanding of Hyper-V/Windows 2012/2016 Operating Systems, Active Directory Concepts & management, Sysinternal tools, Analyzing Event logs etc.
Fundamentals: Good DNS & Networking Fundamentals, TCP/UDP.
Storage: RAID, SAN, NAS fundamentals & operational skills
Application Protocols: Good understanding of SMTP,HTTP,FTP,IMAP,POP
Applications: IIS, Plesk , Mailenable
Databases: Good understanding of - MySQL , MS-SQL.
Tools/Utilities: Nagios, GIT, DHCP, WDS , WSUS.
Others: Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Scripting/Programming: Powershell/Python (Any one)
Systems/Hardware: LOM/IPMI/IP KVMs, Dell Hardware.