In 2018, the EIG Engineering Tools Team was created to bring together understanding and best practices for managing and enhancing critical engineering and development tools as enterprise services.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with a distributed agile team to evaluate, configure, update, and administer the tools that power our Product Development teams around the globe. You’ll maintain highly available, scalable services providing continuous integration, source control, issue tracking, and documentation to the enterprise, including OpenShift Kubernetes, Jira, Confluence, Github, BitBucket, Artifactory, and more.
- Be the main point of contact for APAC user community for all our core engineering tools.
- Setup global instances of engineering tools on private cloud or in AWS.
- Develop quality testable code to automate repetitive manual tasks associated with administering our toolset.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements and implement solutions for new projects, new workflows and resolve permissions, among others.
- Participate in system design and planning sessions for the development and maintenance of our engineering tools.
- Review, recommend and execute upgrade, maintenance and patching activities for our toolset.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies, products and services.
- Identify and create solutions to improve system performance and availability.
- Analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Tools: Git, Github Enterprise, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket, JFrog Artifactory, Jenkins, Nagios/Zabbix, Ansible, Puppet/Chef, KVM/Openstack/Openshift
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix systems: shell, ssh, grep, vi, apache/nginx/tomcat
- Fundamentals: Basic DNS + Networking, DHCP, HA & Load Balancing Concepts, Backups and DR, Connecting to Databases, LDAP, VPN/Firewalls
- Basic understanding of AWS
- Scripting: Any of; Bash, Python, Ruby, PERL
- Concepts: Agile/Scrum/KanBan, Google App Suite
- Experience in working on the Atlassion tool will be preferred.
- Experience:3-6 of total IT experience,relevant years of experience should atleast 3 years