Senior Database Administrator
EIG is seeking a Senior Database Administrator (DBA) to join our Technical Operations team in our Bangalore, India office. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage, tune, and architect exceptionally large databases with high transaction rates that deliver web content and services to our 3+ million customers. You will support multiple teams engaged in both high volume transactional applications (OLTP) as well as OLAP applications for business intelligence.
What you’ll do:
- Manage Primarily MySQL,Postgresql/other RDMS in production/QA/dev environments including installation, configuration, upgrades, schema changes, etc
- Strong Working Knowledge on MsSql/DB2/Oracle/No-SQL’s and who can Successfully conducts Proofs-of-Concepts, Proofs-of-Technology, Demos, Design/Discovery Workshops on DB emerging Technologies etc. that drive DBA revenues across the verticals
- Provide best practices on design, availability, replication, security, audit, and strong technical knowledge on backup/recovery methodologies, tools. Continuously re-evaluate the infrastructure for optimizations
- Troubleshoot database issues, maintain database systems availability and scalability within production environments and strong working knowledge on DB Crash recovery methodologies
- Perform capacity planning exercises to properly identify required hardware, software ,database configuration/architecture standards to support application and Business requirements.
- Monitor database performance, identify performance problems and tune database server parameters
- Create and manage database metrics for trending including performance, capacity, inventory optimization, and infrastructure design. Monitor key performance indicators and design/revise solutions or enhancements to improve/maintain performance/productivity at acceptable levels and Do Benchmarking
- Support and work with multiple Scrum teams to produce quality deliverables and meet deadlines, while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress
- Advise software developers on best practices for improving performance, scalability and operational manageability of production databases
- Mentor Junior Database Administrators in best practices and procedures and provide resolutions to System Operations Critical issues by out-of-box thinking and resolutions
- Be Part of on-call rotation to respond to and resolve application issues to ensure production applications are online 24/7/365
Who you are:
- Significant experience (5 years or more) managing complex production database systems ,preferably at a large consumer-facing Internet site. Understanding of database packaged releases, Security patching strategy, and enforcing standards via tools and automation is essential
- Expert with MySQL/Postgres/Aurora/MsSQL/DB2/Oracle server tuning, query optimization, replication strategies, storage engines, monitoring, capacity planning, backup, recovery, HA, Clustering, etc
- Able to work under pressure and work effectively in a fast paced, highly data driven, changing environment
- Re-architect the database infrastructure for scalability and deployment into Cloud Environments
- Ability to develop procedures, processes and conventions to standardize database operations
- Solid understanding of RDBMS security administration
- Strong understanding of Linux operating system and storage solutions
- Proficient in now of the scripting languages (shell, Perl, PHP, Python etc) for monitoring and custom automation
- Experience working with Subversion, Git, CVS, or other source code management tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player and often work with business users, DBAs, and application engineers to find the most optimal solutions
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or Mathematics or Relevant Experience
- Experience with Scrum, Lean or Agile product development is a strong plus
- Understanding of system monitoring tools such as Nagios, Nessus and Cacti
- Experience with automated configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc)
- Basic knowledge of networking and security concepts and Containers
- Working knowledge of DB Client Tools like WorkBench, Toad, SQLYog, PgAdmin etc
- Experience with Cloud based systems or Virtual environments (VMware,Openstack, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Familiar with ETL processes and data warehouse maintenance operations
- Familiar with business processes around finance, billing, customer and relationship management
- Familiar with working in a SOC/SOX-compliant environment and how to design/follow procedures as well as write documentation to maintain compliance
Why you’ll love us:
- Celebrate with us. We work hard every single day. But we do take a break for Friday Night Chill Sessions and our Annual Parties. We host these parties once every quarter for all our employees across the organization during which they can showcase their talents with our colleagues outside of a formal environment. The goal is to come together as one big Endurance family!
- Brain breaks. We encourage employees to work in teams not only on projects but also through fun activities. Corners of our offices are equipped with Carrom tables, Table Tennis, Foosball, Pool and video games which help them connect in fun ways
- Leave your worries aside! Juggling the demands of career and personal life can be stressful and challenging but don't worry! Our employee's assistance program services provide free, confidential, short-term counselling/ legal aid/ taxation advice. This benefit is also extended to immediate family members.
- Volunteering is at our core. We are all about learning and creating an impact that is beneficial to the environment and surrounding communities. At Endurance, we encourage participation as we mindfully make a difference by hosting various "Share and Care activities"
- Did someone say free domain? Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs
- We keep you well fed and hydrated Why miss on quality family time at home by preparing meals? Our best chefs cook meals that are filled with love. On days you feel fitness conscious? Our chefs are at your services daily to toss the best salads, and fruit bowls. All at a subsidized rate. We also provide a host of snacks and beverages free of cost.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!