Senior Database Administrator
Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
EIG is seeking a Senior Database Administrator (DBA) to join our Technical Operations team in our
Bangalore, India office. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage, tune, and
architect exceptionally large databases with high transaction rates that deliver web content and
services to our 3+ million customers.
You will support multiple teams engaged in both high volume transactional applications (OLTP) as
well as OLAP applications for business intelligence.
What you will do:
• Manage Primarily MySQL,Postgresql/other RDMS in production/QA/dev environments including
installation,configuration, upgrades, schema changes, etc
• Strong Working Knowledge on MsSql/DB2/Oracle/No-SQL’s and who can Successfully conducts
Proofs-of-Concepts, Proofs-of-Technology, Demos, Design/Discovery Workshops on DB emerging
Technologies etc. that drive DBA revenues across the verticals.
• Provide best practices on design, availability, replication, security, audit, and strong technical
knowledge on backup/recovery methodologies,tools. Continuously re-evaluate the infrastructure for
• Troubleshoot database issues, maintain database systems availability and scalability within
production environments and strong working knowledge on DB Crash recovery methodolgoies.
• Perform capacity planning exercises to properly identify required hardware, software,database
configuration/architecture standards to support application and Business requirements.
• Monitor database performance, identify performance problems and tune database server
• Create and manage database metrics for trending including performance, capacity,inventory
optimization, and infrastructure design. Monitor key performance indicators and design/revise
solutions or enhancements to improve/maintain performance/productivity at acceptable levels and
• Support and work with multiple Scrum teams to produce quality deliverables and meet deadlines,
while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress
• Advise software developers on best practices for improving performance, scalability and
operational manageability of production databases
• Mentor Junior Database Administrators in best practices and procedures and provide resolutions
to System Operations Critical issues by out-of-box thinking and resolutions.
• Be Part of on-call rotation to respond to and resolve application issues to ensure production
applications are online 24/7/365.
What you will need for this position:
• Significant experience (5 years or more) managing complex production database systems,
preferably at a large consumer-facing Internet site. Understanding of database packaged releases,
Security patching strategy, and enforcing standards via tools and automation is essential.
• Expert with MySQL/Postgres/Aurora/MsSQL/DB2/Oracle server tuning, query optimization,
replication strategies,storage engines, monitoring, capacity planning, backup ,recovery,
• Able to work under pressure and work effectively in a fast paced, highly data driven, changing
•Re-architect the database infrastructure for scalability and deployment into Cloud Environments
• Ability to develop procedures, processes and conventions to standardize database operations
• Solid understanding of RDBMS security administration
• Strong understanding of Linux operating system and storage solutions
• Proficient in now of the scripting languages (shell, Perl, PHP, Python etc) for monitoring and
• Experience working with Subversion, Git, CVS, or other source code management tools
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Must be a team player and often work with business users, DBAs, and application engineers to find
most optimal solutions.
• Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology,or Mathematics or
• Experience with Scrum, Lean or Agile product development is a strong plus.
• Understanding of system monitoring tools such as Nagios ,Nessus and Cacti
• Experience with automated configuration management (Puppet, Chef,Ansible etc)
• Basic knowledge of networking and security concepts and Containers
• Working knowledge of DB Client Tools like WorkBench,Toad,SQLYog,PgAdmin etc
• Experience with Cloud based systems or Virtual environments (VMware,Openstack, AWS, Google
• Familiar with ETL processes and data warehouse maintenance operations
• Familiar with business processes around finance, billing, customer and relationship management
Familiar with working in a SOC/SOX-compliant environment and how to design/follow procedures
as well as write documentation to maintain compliance.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a tremendous opportunity to work with great people and do great things. You can expect a
salary in line with your capabilities, a strong benefits package, four weeks of vacation, as well as daily
breakfasts and catered lunches, an on-site game room, gym and a fully stocked kitchen that is the
envy of the block. If you are the driven and adaptable person described above, possess a
demonstrable history of delivering quality work, and are fun to be around, then we have a place for