Linux System Administrator- L1
Location : Bangalore
Experience: 2-6 years
Endurance International Group, Inc., a leading provider of innovative Internet-based solutions to small and medium-sized businesses, is looking for a dynamic, energetic and bright individual to join our Technical Operations team in our Bangalore/Mumbai office. This is a tremendous and unique opportunity to join a nimble global company that has achieved significant scale over the past fifteen years, yet possesses enormous growth potential. You will play an instrumental role in achieving this growth.
As part of a team that’s leading the next wave of performance innovation at Endurance, you will play an integral part in advancing service assurance and building a culture of technical excellence across the enterprise. Our team is passionate about innovating solutions to help our customers achieve maximum operational uptime and service performance. This position manages a sizable team of monitoring engineers working across multiple time zones.
As part of the Technical Operations team you will work with a team of highly technical operations engineers, software engineers, and system architects to deliver five 9’s uptime, with a secure, reliable & performing system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in 24×7 shifts.
- Provide remote infrastructure support for our SaaS, PaaS, IaaS products across globally distributed data centres
- Automate OS and application deployments using tools such as WDS, Cobbler and Puppet
- Conduct regular patch management and system maintenance to ensure the health of platforms/servers
- Set up health checks for systems & applications in monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagios, SolarWinds etc
- Troubleshoot and fix issues meeting SLA’s and operational standards
- Manage incidents and escalations as per policies/procedures to meet incident management and uptime SLAs
- Liaise with engineering teams for RCA’s, permanent resolutions on issues using tickets and chat conference rooms
- Identify repetitive tasks and automate using Bash / Ruby / Perl
- Contribute to operations handbook
- Investigate and assess alerts for hardware and schedule replacement or tests
- Initiate emergency maintenance as needed for failed/failing hardware (drives, RAID controllers, power supplies, etc)
- Perform L1 monitoring regarding hardware status/health, complicated server health analysis
- Ensure smooth hand-offs between shifts
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment
- You have at-least 2 years of experience working as a System Administrator/Monitoring engineer supporting a large cluster of shared hosting servers
- You understand Linux/Unix fundamentals, file system troubleshooting and various tools/ services that are available by default with the Operating system
- You understand various distributions nuances (RHEL/Centos/Debian/Ubuntu etc), package management, etc
- You have networking experience including packet decoding, layer 2 switching basics and a good understanding of the OSI model
- You have a good understanding of concepts like DNS, HTTP, TCP/UDP
- You have hands on experience in RAID / DAS / SAN / NAS
- You have intermediate level skills managing web servers running Apache, Nginx, BIND, Exim, Dovecot, etc
- You are familiar with Firewall tools like iptables, CSF
- You have intermediate level skills in managing database servers running MySQL
- You have intermediate level skills with GIT / CVS or any other versioning system
- You have intermediate level skills with Scripting/Programming in Bash/PERL/Ruby/Python/Go/PHP (any) and a fair understanding of regular expressions
- Education Qualification : Diploma / BE / BCA / MCA / MSc in Comp / BTech/ Mtech (RHCE/CCNA certified will be a Plus)
At Endurance International Group (NASDAQ:EIGI), we are dedicated to helping small and medium-sized business owners navigate their online journey – by providing cloud presence solutions, online resources & security and business applications.
We believe that every business, anywhere in the world, has the right to an established presence on the web. And it is our mission to make this happen.