Senior Specialist - Video Editing
We are looking for a talented film and video editor to build and create VFX, 3D, 2D and camera reel video content for our range of brands, promotions, and events. You would also be responsible for recording and assembling footage into a finished project that matches the director’s/producer’s/marketer’s vision, and create videos that are suitable for broadcasting and publishing. Ultimately, as a film and video, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell our story.
- Splice raw film footage together from various sources and shoots, and combine it with other scenes to create a cohesive story.
- Understand our market and cater to their visual requirements by revamping our existing video portfolio.
- Build on a brief that grasps the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Review scripts and raw material to create a shot decision list based on storyboard scenes and bring value to continuity.
- Trim footage segments and put together a sequence of the film.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and VFX.
- Create rough, draft and final cuts.
- Build 3D visual elements for our video renders.
- Consult with stakeholders from production, marketing, and post-production teams.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Run and deliver multiple visual projects.
- Bachelor's degree in film studies, cinematography or related field.
- Proven work experience as a video editor.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Final Cut Studio)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity.
- Familiarity and fluid use of VFX, 2D, 3D, and compositing.
- Camera and equipment handling for on and off-site shoots.
- Complete understanding of hardware resolutions, frame rates, shutter, exposure and camera modes.
- Attention to detail.