Endurance International Group, Inc., a leading provider of innovative Internet-based solutions to small and medium-sized businesses, is looking for a dynamic, energetic and bright individual to join our Technical Operations team in our Bangalore/Mumbai office. This is a tremendous and unique opportunity to join a nimble global company that has achieved significant scale over the past fifteen years, yet possesses enormous growth potential. You will play an instrumental role in achieving this growth.
As part of a team that’s leading the next wave of performance innovation at Endurance, you will play an integral part in advancing service assurance and building a culture of technical excellence across the enterprise. Our team is passionate about innovating solutions to help our customers achieve maximum operational uptime and service performance. This position manages a sizable team of monitoring engineers working across multiple time zones.
As part of the Technical Operations team you will work with a team of highly technical operations engineers, software engineers, and system architects to deliver five 9’s uptime, with a secure, reliable & performing system.
What you'll do:
- Participate in 24×7 shifts.
- Provide remote infrastructure support for our SaaS, PaaS, IaaS products across globally distributed data centres
- Automate OS and application deployments using tools such as WDS, Cobbler and Puppet
- Conduct regular patch management and system maintenance to ensure the health of platforms/servers
- Set up health checks for systems & applications in monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagios, SolarWinds etc
- Troubleshoot and fix issues meeting SLA’s and operational standards
- Manage incidents and escalations as per policies/procedures to meet incident management and uptime SLAs
- Liaise with engineering teams for RCA’s, permanent resolutions on issues using tickets and chat conference rooms
- Identify repetitive tasks and automate using Bash / Ruby / Perl
- Contribute to operations handbook
- Investigate and assess alerts for hardware and schedule replacement or tests
- Initiate emergency maintenance as needed for failed/failing hardware (drives, RAID controllers, power supplies, etc)
- Perform L1 monitoring regarding hardware status/health, complicated server health analysis
- Ensure smooth hand-offs between shifts
Who you are:
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment
- You have at-least 2 years of experience working as a System Administrator/Monitoring engineer supporting a large cluster of shared hosting servers
- You understand Linux/Unix fundamentals, file system troubleshooting and various tools/ services that are available by default with the Operating system
- You understand various distributions nuances (RHEL/Centos/Debian/Ubuntu etc), package management, etc
- You have networking experience including packet decoding, layer 2 switching basics and a good understanding of the OSI model
- You have a good understanding of concepts like DNS, HTTP, TCP/UDP
- You have hands on experience in RAID / DAS / SAN / NAS
- You have intermediate level skills managing web servers running Apache, Nginx, BIND, Exim, Dovecot, etc
- You are familiar with Firewall tools like iptables, CSF
- You have intermediate level skills in managing database servers running MySQL
- You have intermediate level skills with GIT / CVS or any other versioning system
- You have intermediate level skills with Scripting/Programming in Bash/PERL/Ruby/Python/Go/PHP (any) and a fair understanding of regular expressions
- Education Qualification : Diploma / BE / BCA / MCA / MSc in Comp / BTech/ Mtech (RHCE/CCNA certified will be a Plus)
Why you'll love us:
- Celebrate with us. We work hard every single day. But we do take a break for Friday Night Chill Sessions and our Annual Parties. We host these parties once every quarter for all our employees across the organization during which they can showcase their talents with our colleagues outside of a formal environment. The goal is to come together as one big Endurance family!
- Brain breaks. We encourage employees to work in teams not only on projects but also through fun activities. Corners of our offices are equipped with Carrom tables, Table Tennis, Foosball, Pool and video games which help them connect in fun ways
- Leave your worries aside! Juggling the demands of career and personal life can be stressful and challenging but don't worry! Our employee's assistance program services provide free, confidential, short-term counselling/ legal aid/ taxation advice. This benefit is also extended to immediate family members.
- Volunteering is at our core. We are all about learning and creating an impact that is beneficial to the environment and surrounding communities. At Endurance, we encourage participation as we mindfully make a difference by hosting various "Share and Care activities"
- Did someone say free domain? Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs
- We keep you well fed and hydrated Why miss on quality family time at home by preparing meals? Our best chefs cook meals that are filled with love. On days you feel fitness conscious? Our chefs are at your services daily to toss the best salads, and fruit bowls. All at a subsidized rate. We also provide a host of snacks and beverages free of cost
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!