Hosting Product Specialist
Endurance International Group is a publicly traded (NASDAQ: EIGI) technology company that helps power small and medium-sized businesses online. Through its proprietary cloud platform, Endurance provides web presence solutions including web hosting, eCommerce, eMarketing and mobile business tools to approximately 4.2 million subscribers around the globe with a revenue of $178.7M .
The company's world-class family of brands includes Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, A Small Orange, MOJO Marketplace among others. Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs more than 2,600 people across the United States in Utah, Texas, Washington and Arizona and in the United Kingdom, India, Israel and Brazil. Endurance International Group is now looking to expand its footprint in the south east asia region and in early 2014 acquired the web presence business of Directi, the brands of which include Big Rock, Resellers Club, LogicBoxes and Webhosting.info.
Location(s): Mumbai / Bangalore
Preferred Experience: 3 to 6 years
- Participate in 24x7 shifts
- Monitor the stability of our products with various internal tools.
- L2 Support ownership of all hosting products (cpanel/plesk/vps/cloud/dedicated).
- Handle incident response, troubleshooting and fix for various product/services.
- Handle escalations as per policies/procedures.
- Get different internal/external groups together to resolve production site issues effectively.
- Communicate clearly on tickets, phone calls made to the team about various issues.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency to resolve issues.
- Build advance automation workflows for automating repeated issues.
- Work with our infrastructure team to deploy and maintain Linux/Windows servers using automated scripts and a predefined runbook.
- Ensure SLA's and Operational standards are met.
- Raise tickets to different internal groups to resolve recurrent problems, alerts and follow-up on escalated issues.
- Liaison with engineering teams for RCA's, permanent resolutions on issues affecting production sites.
- Contribute to Operations handbook.
- Ensure smooth hand-offs between shifts.
Graduate, preferably in Information Technology or Computer Science
Consistently strong academic performance.
Linux: Good understanding of Linux Systems, Any Shell/Bash, sed/awk/grep/egrep, VI/VIM/Emacs, netstat, lsof, strace, ps/top/atop/dstat, grub boot config & systems rescue, fstab/disk labels, ext3/ext4, IPtables, sysstat (sar/vmstat/iostat etc), run-levels & startup scripts, sudo/chroot/chkrootkit/rkhunter.
Windows: Windows 2000/2003/2008, NTFS chkdisk/acls etc, Troubleshoot system/application
faults using Event logs, Updates via WSUS, Terminal Services, IIS Fundamentals
Scripting: Any of Bash/PERL/Ruby/Python/PHP.
Fundamentals: Basic DNS & Networking, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, HA & Load Balancing Concepts.
Application Protocols: SMTP,HTTP,FTP,IMAP,POP.
Shifts: Must be willing to work in shifts (including at night and on holidays)
Good To Have:
Systems/Hardware: RAID, LOM/IPMI/IP KVMs, Dell Hardware.
Windows: WMI, Powershell/VB scripts, MS-SQL Fundamentals.
Applications: Postfix/qmail/Exim, Database Systems Fundamentals (MySQL/Postgres), Nginx/Apache (mod_php, mod_fcgid, CGI, php-fpm etc), Tomcat.
Tools/Utilities: Nagios, DHCP, Kickstart/Cobbler, Yum, RPM, GIT/SVN
Others: Regular expressions, Rescue Kits like TRK etc..
Certification: Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE).