Take advantage of the opportunity to join a hyper-executing website team focused on building great front of site web experiences for the Endurance brands.
What you’ll do:
- As an integral member of our Enterprise Front of Site Development Team, the WordPress Admin will lead the development efforts for our corporate website and brand-specific blogs. You will primarily be focused on the following activities:
- Completing technical updates required to support brand-specific blogs hosted on WordPress, as well as the corporate Endurance.com site
- Performing maintenance activities, as needed, such as updating WordPress plug-ins and fixing any bugs that arise
- Developing supporting documentation of your work in a clear, well-structured wiki
- Training WordPress content editors on new skills, as needed
- Working closely with graphic designers, fellow software engineers, and quality engineers to meet measurable goals
- Translating wireframes into prototypes and production-ready code
- Discussing technical solutions with team members and providing innovative, new ideas
Who you are:
- Back-end: experience with PHP 7
- Version control: experience with Git, SVN
- Data transfer: knowledge of SFTP
- Networking/hosting: DNS, LAMP/LEMP stacks
- CMS: advanced knowledge of WordPress 5+, including experience with the new Gutenberg editor and experience with caching
- Analytics and tracking: familiarity with Google Analytics
- Testing and optimizations: experience with A/B and multivariate testing tools such as Optimizely
- Strong and clear communicator acrossOpenness to change and eagerness to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone
- Ability to work well in an open environment, collaborating with peer developers on process, technology, and growth all channels, including in-person, Google Meet, Google Chat, phone, and email
Why you'll love us:
- Celebrate with us. We work hard every single day. But we do take a break for Friday Night Chill Sessions and our Annual Parties. We host these parties once every quarter for all our employees across the organization during which they can showcase their talents with our colleagues outside of a formal environment. The goal is to come together as one big Endurance family!
- Brain breaks. We encourage employees to work in teams not only on projects but also through fun activities. Corners of our offices are equipped with Carrom tables, Table Tennis, Foosball, Pool and video games which help them connect in fun ways.
- Leave your worries aside! Juggling the demands of career and personal life can be stressful and challenging but don't worry! Our employee's assistance program services provide free, confidential, short-term counselling/ legal aid/ taxation advice. This benefit is also extended to immediate family members.
- Volunteering is at our core. We are all about learning and creating an impact that is beneficial to the environment and surrounding communities. At Endurance, we encourage participation as we mindfully make a difference by hosting various "Share and Care activities"
- Did someone say free domain? Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs.
- We keep you well fed and hydrated. Why miss on quality family time at home by preparing meals? Our best chefs cook meals that are filled with love. On days you feel fitness conscious? Our chefs are at your services daily to toss the best salads, and fruit bowls. All at a subsidized rate. We also provide a host of snacks and beverages free of cost.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!