Senior Project Lead
Endurance International Group (NASDAQ: EIGI) (em)Powers millions of small businesses worldwide with products and technology to vitalize their online web presence, email marketing, mobile business solutions, and more. The Endurance family of brands includes: Constant Contact, Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, BigRock, SiteBuilder and SinglePlatform, among others. Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs more than 4,000 people across the United States, Brazil, India and the Netherlands.
Position: Project Lead
Experience: 7+ Yrs
An Project Lead is expected to possess indepth technical expertise, and our interview process will emphasize on both technical and management skills. Our teams are small, yet incredibly impactful. We're highly-motivated, engaged, and empowered to make a difference. We're looking for talented engineers with a strong engineering background, leadership skills and a penchant for solving complex technical problems. Does this sound like you?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a high performance team of software engineers to design & develop world-class, highly available, scalable & reliable products / web services in the IaaS, SaaS, PaaS space.
- Lead and own the entire lifecycle of the product - design, documentation, coding, testing and deployment
- Contribute hands-on, own, collaborate and deliver new features and services at a fast pace.
- Own the prioritization, scoping and scheduling processes for new products and features.
- Work with and advise management on technical aspects, make well-informed decisions & function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Improve processes, technology & the applications you own continuously by showing the team better ways of doing things and help improve skills in the team.
- Prioritize tech-debt and ensure the platforms and applications meet the latest industry standards.
- Lead by example - follow the processes & practices you develop.
- Learn new technology & practices, coach the team and conduct training sessions - devote time for learning and continuous improvement of self and team.
- Build platforms, frameworks, APIs, libraries & automated tools to facilitate rapid issue resolution and development & deployment of new features and changes.
- Imbibe and maintain a strong customer service oriented attitude while designing and building products
- Recruit the best by owning the recruitment processes for your teams.
Who Should Apply for this Role?
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- A passion for creating responsive, scalable and reliable web services for small & medium sized businesses.
- Fair understanding of Operating Systems, Internet technologies, Networking, DNS
- Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge, and experience with multi-tiered systems.
- Strong programming capabilities in at least two of the following: Java, C++, Ruby and Python
- Strong understanding of databases, caching, queueing, replication, load balancing and scalability.
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Experience in working with technologies like AWS(or any cloud), NoSql, Messaging systems like SQS/RabbitMQ, RDBMS
- Experience in building distributed applications, SOA , RESTful applications
- Experience with Refactoring, Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Git/SVN/CVS, Continuous integration & Continuous delivery.
- Experience with implementing and using agile methodologies to deliver high quality output at the fastest possible time.
- Experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Knowledge of most of these : virtualization, docker, public/private clouds, relational and non relational databases , web architectures , filesystems, queueing systems, caching, scaling, replication, sharding, config management, metrics and logging systems.
Benefits & Perks
Endurance employees love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours.We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy teams are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!