Endurance International Group (NASDAQ: EIGI, http://endurance.com/) is looking for a passionate and experienced Principal Architect who can help us modernize our technology stack to serve customers need across the globe. He/She can help define a technical vision with other architects in the team and help engineers take the right steps to move in that direction. He/She will be a part of a team to transform the platform from a monolith to microservices, integrate 3rd party products and to build new products for individuals and business owners looking to get online.
At Endurance, we are dedicated to helping our customers launch and grow their digital presence - by providing hosting, mobile-friendly website builders, e-commerce solutions, mobile app builders and much more. Endurance has more than 4.8 million subscribers around the globe and annual revenue of over USD 1.1B.
Role: Principal Architect
Location: Bangalore / Mumbai/Pune/Delhi/Chennai/Hyderabad/Kochi
Experience: 12+ years of relevant experience
We are looking for a candidate who is/can
- Provide an architecture solution for business requirements
- Recommend technology choices
- Identify innovation opportunities and drive innovation
- Define best practices and help engineers execute with quality
- Define architecture strategy and guidelines
- Mentor and Train principal engineers and individual contributors
- Stakeholder communication to understand and manage business requirements
- Review & Recommend the strategy to transform existing technology stack
- Define Application metrics to maintain performance
- Help in troubleshooting/Debugging issues
- Can guide individual contributors on technology choices, solve conflicts
- Maintain architecture documents, diagrams, design documents.
- Understands compliance issues, legal issues and risks involved.
- Understands security aspects of application development
- Understands trade-offs and risks associated with architectural choices.
- Knows ways to reduce technical debt and keep in control
- Help achieve engineering excellence objectives
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in the technology world.
- Well versed with cloud technologies
- Work with management to define processes Or remove blockers for engineering teams to increase efficiency.
- Master of one of the technologies in the backend ( Java / Python )
- Master of one of the SQL technologies ( MySQL/ PostgreSQL )
- Understands scrum, agile methodologies
- If certified with any authority would be advantageous, but not mandatory ( for e.g: Togaf )
- Experience with microservices/latest architecture is required
- Experience with supporting International & Global platforms will be a ++.
We require your experience to scale applications to work for increased load, we want to transform our platforms ( Perl, Java ) to service-based architectures ( Java, Python ) without impacting the current business. We are taking steps to modernize our applications and are committed to investing more to overcome the current challenges.
As a principal architect, we want the candidate to own the architecture of platforms/services and maintains it regularly. Works with business and management to figure out if changes are needed to satisfy future needs and help create a plan for the future. As a tech enthusiast, he/she should have experience transforming monolithic architectures, a strong understanding of scaling, distributed architectures, caching, queuing, replications, data structures & algorithms, database solutions, storage, internet tools, protocols and networking. He/She should also help in defining best practices, code reviews and help the organization achieve the objectives of becoming the centre of excellence in technology.
We have a great set of engineers who have become part of the endurance family for years now! Come & Join us on the journey.
Why you'll love us:
- Celebrate with us. We work hard every single day. But we do take a break for Friday Night Chill Sessions and our Annual Parties. We host these parties once every quarter for all our employees across the organization during which they can showcase their talents with our colleagues outside of a formal environment. The goal is to come together as one big Endurance family!
- Brain breaks. We encourage employees to work in teams not only on projects but also through fun activities. Corners of our offices are equipped with Carrom tables, Table Tennis, Foosball, Pool and video games which help them connect in fun ways.
- Leave your worries aside! Juggling the demands of career and personal life can be stressful and challenging but don't worry! Our employee's assistance program services provide free, confidential, short-term counselling/ legal aid/ taxation advice. This benefit is also extended to immediate family members.
- Volunteering is at our core. We are all about learning and creating an impact that is beneficial to the environment and surrounding communities. At Endurance, we encourage participation as we mindfully make a difference by hosting various "Share and Care activities"
- Did someone say free domain? Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs.
- We keep you well fed and hydrated. Why miss on quality family time at home by preparing meals? Our best chefs cook meals that are filled with love. On days you feel fitness conscious? Our chefs are at your services daily to toss the best salads, and fruit bowls. All at a subsidized rate. We also provide a host of snacks and beverages free of cost.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!