Project Lead - SDET
Endurance International Group (NASDAQ: EIGI) (em)Powers millions of small businesses worldwide with products and technology to vitalize their online web presence, email marketing, mobile business solutions, and more. The Endurance family of brands includes: Constant Contact, Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, BigRock, SiteBuilder and SinglePlatform, among others. Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs more than 4,000 people across the United States, Brazil, India and the Netherlands.
At Endurance, we are dedicated to helping our customers launch and grow their digital presence - by providing hosting, mobile-friendly website builders, e-commerce solutions, mobile app builders and much more. Endurance has more than 4.8 million subscribers around the globe and annual revenue of over USD 1.1B.
Position: Engineering QA Manager
Experience: 10+ Yrs
QA Manager is expected to possess in-depth technical expertise, and our interview process will emphasize both technical and management skills equally. Our teams are small, yet incredibly impactful. We're highly-motivated, engaged, and empowered to make a difference. We're looking for a talented QA manager with a strong engineering background, leadership skills and a penchant for solving complex technical problems. Does this sound like you?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a high performance team of QA engineers to develop the test strategy and to drive the test execution for delivering highly available, scalable & reliable products and web services in the IaaS, SaaS, PaaS space.
- Ensure the quality of test plans, test cases, test matrix, automation code and bug reporting.
- Must have hands-on experience on automation frameworks, tools and automation best practises. Should be a champion of the “automation first” mindset.
- Work with and advise management on technical aspects, make well-informed decisions & function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Improve processes, technology & the applications you own continuously by showing the team better ways of doing things and help improve skills in the team. Lead by example - technically as well as on the processes & best QA practices.
- Imbibe and maintain a strong customer service oriented attitude while designing and developing test strategies to deliver highest quality products.
- Recruit the best by owning the recruitment processes for your teams.
Who Should Apply for this Role?
- QA professional with 10+ years in the software industry.
- Minimum of three years of experience in leading high performing QA teams.
- Strong first line manager having good experience in hiring, retaining, career development, coaching, performance and people management.
- Good interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other engineers, Dev and Product Managers, etc.
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best QA engineers, as well as gaining their respect by leading from front.
- Fair understanding of Operating Systems, Internet, Networking, DNS
- Good understanding of distributed systems and architecture knowledge, and experience with multi-tiered systems.
- Strong programming capabilities in at least one of the these: Java, Python
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Experience in working with technologies like AWS(or any cloud), NoSql, Messaging systems like SQS/RabbitMQ, RDBMS
- Experience with implementing and using agile methodologies to deliver high quality output at the fastest possible time.
- Should have strong experience in Continuous integration & Continuous delivery and be able to drive Test Driven Development.
- Experience working with and leading with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Good understanding of the product architectures based on micro services implementation and should be able to drive automation strategies for microservices.
- Familiar with technology ecosystems that supports end-to-end microservice architecture, such as, APIs, message queue, container, service registry/discovery, container orchestration etc.
- Knowledge of different hosting products and technology like openstack will be an added advantage.
Benefits & Perks
Endurance employees love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours.We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy teams are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!