Title: Cloud Engineer
Experience: 3-6 Years
Cloud Engineer wanted at Endurance (India): A fast-paced, rapidly growing & profitable (not cash-burning) public company
At Endurance, we build the web. Our products range from Domains, Web hosting, VPS, Dedicated servers, Security, Backups, Cloud, Optimized CMS’s, E commerce and complex scale-as-you-grow solutions. Our company’s world-class family of brands includes Blue host, Big rock, Reseller club, Logic Boxes, Host Gator, iPage, Domain.com, A Small Orange, Constant Contact among others.
What you’ll do:
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be a part of an Enterprise team. You would be working on central deployment framework used by engineering teams to automate infrastructure, deployment and security of various projects within the organization across location for our various business units.
You will work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international users.
As a part of the team you would be providing support to help internal users seamlessly operate and scale their applications. When users cannot resolve issues themselves, your job is to ensure that we have the necessary tools and processes to swiftly resolve the issue with as little user effort as possible.
In this role, you'll troubleshoot technical problems for users and teams with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and coding/scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes, and documentation. Our team is driven by customer obsession, and you will help drive the success of Endurance brands by understanding and advocating for our customers’ challenges.
Endurance brands serve millions of customers worldwide and you’ll collaborate with them to build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the AWS cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
Our projects include management control panels, payments as a service, business intelligence, automation, hosting services, email automation and marketing, to name a few. You must analyze the processes undertaken by various users and develop tools/applications to simplify or automate them wherever possible. You might be involved in the entire life cycle of these projects, including architecture, network, deployment, security, automation, monitoring, alerts etc, maintenance of existing systems and in-depth testing of any change.
Collaborate with teams to setup a projects deployment stack on the AWS. Guide teams to manage their infrastructure and help them solve any challenge through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools so we can identify and resolve future challenges quickly which results to increase productivity. Act as a consultant and AWS subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve their products. Work closely with multiple Product and Engineering teams to find ways to improve the Supportability of products.
Who you are:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- College or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering. (B.E., B.Sc. I.T, etc.).
- Experience in reading or debugging code (i.e. one or more of the following: Python, Shell, Perl).
- Good command over writing and understanding Cloud Formation scripts along with AWS experience.
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL and MSSQL is an added advantage
- Effective problem-solving skills, sharp reasoning and a logical bent of mind. Passion for cloud computing and building large scale web-based applications.
Experience with AWS services especially Cloud Formation. Ability to design high availability applications on AWS across Availability Zones and Regions. Understanding of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Routing, VPNs, VLANs, Peering, Load Balancing, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53 etc.). Knowledge of web technologies (HTTP, HTML, DNS, TCP, etc). Prior experience in automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment (Jenkins or similar) Previous experience working with geographically distributed coworkers. Understanding of Agile methodologies
Why you’ll love us:
In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. Here is just a snippet of what we think you’ll love:
- Grow together. Our exciting virtual learning & development programs never cease to amaze us. Participate in our ExpertSpeak sessions/E-learning courses to grow professionally & personally.
- Work with creative & innovative teams. At Endurance, we believe in hiring the best of the best and are proud of being surrounded with people who think out of the box to only better our products, work & customer experiences.
- Did someone say free domain? Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs.
- Leave your worries aside! Juggling the demands of career and personal life can be stressful and challenging but don't worry! Our employee's assistance program services provide free, confidential, short-term counseling. This benefit is also extended to immediate family members.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorship to interest-free loans & Flexi-leave policy - we've got your back!