Senior Hosting Product Specialist - Cloud
Endurance International Group is a publicly traded (NASDAQ: EIGI) technology company that helps power small and medium sized businesses online. Through its proprietary cloud platform, Endurance provides web presence solutions including web hosting, eCommerce, eMarketing and mobile business tools to approximately 4.4 million subscribers around the globe. The company's world class family of brands includes BlueHost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, A Small Orange, MOJO Marketplace, BigRock and ResellerClub, among others. In India, Endurance has a very strong presence through its brands Hostgator, BlueHost, BigRock, ResellerClub & Logicboxes. Through its strong performance & brand marketing activities, Endurance has been able to cement itself as an innovative family of brands that are market leaders within their categories. Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs more than 2,700 people across the United States in Utah, Texas, Washington and Arizona and in the United Kingdom, India, Israel and Brazil.
In this role you will act as the custodian of our customers’ continued trust in us for their critical applications, email and web hosting needs. In this role, you will be the first point of contact with our client base, and be responsible for ensuring the speedy investigation, resolution and escalation of technical issues for our various hosting products. The friendliness and efficiency of our support is something we are incredibly proud of, and it is a very important reason for our success and our rapid growth.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, Configure, Deploy and Operate a cloud solution
- Configure access and security.
- Ensure Performance standards by configuring Auto-Scaling Solution to meet varying Load requirements.
- Automating the build and configuration of IaaS based solutions
- Deliver Proof of Concepts for new Solutions on Cloud
- Good written/Oral Communication, Presentation, Interactive skills with team across geography.
- Flexible to work with a team which covers 24/7 shifts.
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems on Public Cloud (Google Cloud Platform), cPanel , Plesk, VPS and Dedicated Servers
- Experience hosting an application on GCP using Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud SQL, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage.
- Good understanding of cloud design considerations and limitations
- Networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, firewall rules, Virtual Private Cloud, LoadBalancer, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN, etc.
- Unix/Linux power user
- Handle incident response, troubleshooting and fix for various products/services.
- Handle escalations as per policies/procedures.
- Get different internal/external groups together to resolve production site issues effectively.
- Participate in 24/7 shifts
- Communicate clearly on tickets, chats, phone calls made to the team about various issues.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency to resolve issues ensuring SLA's and Operational standards are met.
- Build advanced automation workflows for automating repeated issues.
- Raise tickets to different internal groups to resolve recurrent problems, alerts and follow-up on escalated issues.
- Liaison with engineering teams for RCA's on issues affecting production apps.
- Contribute to Operations handbook.
- Ensure smooth hand-offs between shifts.
- Extras : Google Cloud Certified candidates + RHCE certified professionals
Why you’ll love us:
In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. Here is just a snippet of what we think you’ll love:
- Grow together. Our exciting virtual learning & development programs never cease to amaze us. Participate in our ExpertSpeak sessions/E-learning courses to grow professionally & personally.
- Work with creative & innovative teams. At Endurance, we believe in hiring the best of the best and are proud of being surrounded with people who think out of the box to only better our products, work & customer experiences.
- Did someone say free domain? Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs.
- Leave your worries aside! Juggling the demands of career and personal life can be stressful and challenging but don't worry! Our employee's assistance program services provide free, confidential, short-term counseling. This benefit is also extended to immediate family members.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorship to interest-free loans & Flexi-leave policy - we've got your back!