Senior Operations engineer
Senior Operations Engineer
Years of exp-5-8 years
About the role:
As a Operations engineer your job entails, architecting, Implementing and managing heterogeneous & diverse tech stacks spanning multiple datacenters and across various cloud providers. Implement and manage enterprise level software, providing hosting and domain related services to millions of customers across the globe. Your role as a Operations engineer is primarily focused on helping business and development teams grow, roll out new features to the market with a strong commitment to quality and availability. At the same time, you will be an expert detective, diving into complex escalations involving enterprise level technical challenges, Engineering problems, customer connects and platform growth concerns etc. This role will involve the management of short- & long-term projects under SLA and adherence to deadlines.
What you’ll do?
- Architect and maintain mission critical global hybrid infrastructure spanning multiple datacenters & cloud providers, leveraging primarily open source technologies.
- Design next generation scalable systems which are highly available,resilient and capable of handling high volume Internet facing web traffic.
- Be responsible for downtimes and maintain the product SLA, capacity planning of the systems and overall health & performance of large scale production systems.
- Participate in weekly 24/7 oncall rotation, solving escalated tickets, resolve outages and debug production issues.
- Work closely with various stakeholders like Engineering, Monitoring and Operations teams, Noc / Soc, customers & business development teams.
- Challenge the status quo. Empower development teams by transitioning legacy methodologies, platform & technologies to devops principles, cloud native technologies and newer ecosystems without much friction.
- Strict adherence to automating routine tasks and scripting, with a low tolerance to manual processes.
- Needs to be data & metric driven. Develop tools and platforms for better system observability & insights.
- Writing design decision documentation and is keen on implementing overall production best practices with a strong focus on security & encourage right Devops Workflows.
- Participate in training, mentoring and hiring the best.
Who you are?
- Excellent knowledge of Linux internals & OS fundamentals like scheduler, memory, storage, networking, etc. Has managed production servers running on RHEL/CentOS/ Ubuntu Distributions.
- Needs to be good in understanding Linux Filesystems, Linux troubleshooting spanning networks and systems. Sound knowledge in shell / command line, OSI, TCP/IP & networking fundamentals is mandatory.
- Exposure to RDBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Exposure to atleast 1 configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc & understanding of GIT concepts / terminologies.
- Can code in Python to write scripts and automate routine tasks.
- A Generalist who has the knowledge of the aforementioned and below mentioned skills. Someone who understands from DNS-to-Deployments and everything in between.
- Has managed in past large scale web infrastructure with deep understanding of L4/L7 Load balancing, high availability & DNS. Has worked on Haproxy, Nginx, Heartbeat/KeepAlived, pacemaker etc. Prior experience of managing DNS and large scale Email system is a bonus.
- Has prior Systems administration & troubleshooting experience and exposure to high traffic production environments dealing primarily in web application stacks on Apache / Nginx / Tomcat etc.
- Sound knowledge on various RDBMS and NoSQL Databases like Mysql / PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra etc. Exposure to Database clustering solutions is a plus.
- Deploying new, maintaining, patching and upgrading systems at scale with automation tools like Rundeck etc.
- Exposure to metrics & logging stacks like Ganglia, TICK. Grafana/Influx/ Graphite,, Prometheus, ELK, Fluentd, Splunk, Graylog etc.
- Understands the basic principles of virtualisation and containerisation and working knowledge of Docker, KVM/Libvirt. Exposure to infrastructure orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, Openshift, OpenStack, Mesos is a bonus.
- Production experience to deploying in AWS and proficient in IAC toolchains like Terraform, Cloudformation etc will be a bonus.
- Experience in managing CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, etc
- Proficient in atleast one scripting language like Python, Ruby, Golang, Perl,Powershell etc.l
- Understands the importance of basic system, application & network security and exposure to benchmarks like CIS, NIST and OpenSCAP is a bonus.
Why you'll love us:
In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. Here is just a snippet of what we think you’ll love:
- Grow together.Our exciting virtual learning & development programs never cease to amaze us. Participate in our Expert Speak sessions/E-learning courses to grow professionally & personally.
- Work with creative & innovative teams.At Endurance, we believe in hiring the best of the best and are proud of being surrounded with people who think out of the box to only better our products, work & customer experiences.
- Did someone say free domain?Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs.
- Leave your worries aside!Juggling the demands of career and personal life can be stressful and challenging but don't worry! Our employee's assistance program services provide free, confidential, short-term counseling. This benefit is also extended to immediate family members.
We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorship to interest-free loans & Flexi-leave policy - we've got your back.