Endurance International Group is a publicly traded (NASDAQ: EIGI) technology company that helps power small and medium-sized businesses online. Through its proprietary cloud platform, Endurance provides web presence solutions including web hosting, eCommerce, eMarketing and mobile business tools to approximately 4.4 million subscribers around the globe. The companys world-class family of brands includes Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, A Small Orange, MOJO Marketplace, BigRock and ResellerClub, among others.
In India, Endurance has a very strong presence through its brands Hostgator, BlueHost, BigRock, ResellerClub & Logicboxes. Through its strong performance & brand marketing activities, Endurance has been able to cement itself as an innovative family of brands that are market leaders within their categories.
Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs more than 2,700 people across the United States in Utah, Texas, Washington and Arizona and in the United Kingdom, India, Israel and Brazil.
Experience: 8+ Yrs
What is the job like?
As an Engineering Manager, you own and drive technical projects and provide leadership for a group of software engineers in an innovative and fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects. You need to be a technical leader and motivator who is comfortable leading teams in a high-pressure, dynamic – and global – environment. Take broadly defined projects and interact with Product Management, Sales and other groups at Endurance to deliver high quality output.
An Engineering Manager is also expected to possess a depth technical expertise, and our interview process will emphasize both technical and management skills equally.
Our teams are small, yet incredibly impactful. We’re highly-motivated, engaged, and empowered to make a difference. We’re looking for talented engineers with a strong engineering background, leadership skills and a penchant for solving complex technical problems. Does this sound like you?
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- A passion for creating responsive, scalable and reliable web services for small & medium sized businesses.
- A good understanding of Operating Systems, Internet, Networking, DNS
- Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge, and experience with multi-tiered systems.
- Strong programming capabilities in at least two of the following: Java, C++, Ruby and Python
- Strong understanding of databases, caching, queueing, replication, load balancing and scalability.
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Advance proficiency OOPS and Design Patterns.
- Experience in building distributed applications, SOA , RESTful applications
- Experience with Refactoring, Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Git/SVN/CVS, Continuous integration & Continuous delivery.
- Experience with implementing and using agile methodologies to deliver high quality output at the fastest possible time.
- Experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Knowledge of most of these : virtualization, docker, public/private clouds, relational and non relational databases , web architectures , filesystems, queueing systems, caching, scaling, replication, sharding, config management, metrics and logging systems.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Lead a high performance team of software engineers to design & develop world-class, highly available, scalable & reliable products / web services in the IaaS, SaaS, PaaS space.
- Lead and own the entire lifecycle of the product – design, documentation, coding, testing and deployment
- Contribute hands-on, own, collaborate and deliver new features and services at a fast pace.
- Own the prioritization, scoping and scheduling processes for new products and features.
- Work with and advice management on technical aspects, make well-informed decisions & function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Improve processes, technology & the applications you own continuously by showing the team better ways of doing things and help improve skills in the team.
- Prioritize tech-debt and ensure the platforms and applications meet the latest industry standards.
- Lead by example – follow the processes & practices you develop.
- Learn new technology & practices, coach the team and conduct training sessions – devote time for learning and continuous improvement of self and team.
- Build platforms, frameworks, APIs, libraries & automated tools to facilitate rapid issue resolution and development & deployment of new features and changes.
- Imbibe and maintain a strong customer service oriented attitude while designing and building products
- Recruit the best by owning the recruitment processes for your teams.
- Abide by our organization’s Information Security Policies and guidelines. Information security is the responsibility of every individual working for the organization and all employees have to follow the organization’s Information Security Policies at all times