Endurance International Group (NASDAQ: EIGI, http://endurance.com/) is looking for a passionate technologist to be a part of a team to build kick-ass products for individuals and business owners looking to get online. At Endurance, we are dedicated to helping our customers launch and grow their digital presence – by providing cloud-based hosting, mobile friendly website builders, e-commerce solutions, mobile app builders and much more. Â Endurance has more than 4.2 million subscribers around the globe and an Â annual revenue of over USD 600 million.
In early 2014, in a bid to expand its presence in Asia, Endurance International Group acquired the web presence business of Directi, which included the brands BigRock, ResellerClub, LogicBoxes and Webhosting.info.
Position: Engineering Manager
Experience: 8+ YrsÂ
As an Engineering Manager, you own and drive technical projects and provide leadership for a group of software engineers in an innovative and fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects. You need to be a technical leader and motivator who is comfortable leading teams in a high-pressure, dynamic â€“ and global â€“ environment. Take broadly defined projects and interact with Product Management, Sales and other groups at Endurance to deliver high quality output.
An Engineering Manager is also expected to possess a depth technical expertise, and our interview process will emphasize both technical and management skills equally.
Our teams are small, yet incredibly impactful. We’re highly-motivated, engaged, and empowered to make a difference. We’re looking for talented engineers with a strong engineering background, leadership skills and a penchant for solving complex technical problems. Does this sound like you?
- Lead a high performance team of software engineers to design & develop world-class, highly available, scalable & reliable products / web services in the IaaS, SaaS, PaaS space.
- Lead and own the entire lifecycle of the product – design, documentation, coding, testing and deployment
- Contribute hands-on, own, collaborate and deliver new features and services at a fast pace.
- Own the prioritization, scoping and scheduling processes for new products and features.
- Work with and advice management on technical aspects, make well-informed decisions & Â function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Improve processes, technology & the applications you own continuously by showing the team better ways of doing things and help improve skills in the team.
- Prioritize tech-debt and ensure the platforms and applications meet the latest industry standards.
- Lead by example – follow the processes & practices you develop.
- Learn new technology & practices, coach the team and conduct training sessions – devote time for learning and continuous improvement of self and team.
- Build platforms, frameworks, APIs, libraries & automated tools to facilitate rapid issue resolution and development & deployment of new features and changes.
- Imbibe and maintain a strong customer service oriented attitude while designing and building products
- Recruit the best by owning the recruitment processes for your teams.
- Abide by organizations security policies and guidelines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- A passion for creating responsive, scalable and reliable web services for small & medium sized businesses.
- A good understanding of Operating Systems, Internet, Networking, DNS
- Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge, and experience with multi-tiered systems.
- Strong programming capabilities in at least two of the following: Java, C++, Ruby and Python
- Strong understanding of databases, caching, queueing, replication, load balancing and scalability.
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Advance proficiency OOPS and Design Patterns.
- Experience in building distributed applications, SOA , RESTful applications
- Experience with Refactoring, Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Git/SVN/CVS, Continuous integration & Continuous delivery.
- Experience with implementing and using agile methodologies to deliver high quality output at the fastest possible time.
- Experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Knowledge of most of these : virtualization, docker, Â public/private clouds, relational and non relational databases , web architectures , filesystems, queueing systems, caching, scaling, replication, Â sharding, config management, metrics and logging systems.
At Endurance International Group (NASDAQ:EIGI), we are dedicated to helping small and medium-sized business owners navigate their online journey – by providing cloud presence solutions, online resources & security and business applications.
We believe that every business, anywhere in the world, has the right to an established presence on the web. And it is our mission to make this happen.