Endurance International Group is a publicly traded (NASDAQ: EIGI) technology company that helps power small and medium-sized businesses online. Through its proprietary cloud platform, Endurance provides web presence solutions including web hosting, eCommerce, eMarketing and mobile business tools to approximately 4.4 million subscribers around the globe. The companys world-class family of brands includes Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, A Small Orange, MOJO Marketplace, BigRock and ResellerClub, among others.
In India, Endurance has a very strong presence through its brands Hostgator, BlueHost, BigRock, ResellerClub & Logicboxes. Through its strong performance & brand marketing activities, Endurance has been able to cement itself as an innovative family of brands that are market leaders within their categories.
Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs more than 2,700 people across the United States in Utah, Texas, Washington and Arizona and in the United Kingdom, India, Israel and Brazil.
What is the job like?
As a Lead engineer in the Software Engineering team, you will work with a team of highly technical Software engineers, Operation Engineers, Product Managers etc to engineer great products, deliver five 9’s uptime, build reliable systems, tools & automate processes. Our teams are small, yet incredibly impactful. We’re highly-motivated, engaged, and empowered to make a difference. We’re looking for talented engineers with a strong engineering background and a penchant for solving complex technical problems. Does this sound like you?
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- A passion for creating responsive, scalable and reliable web services for small & medium sized businesses.
- Proficiency in Operating Systems, Internet, Networking & DNS theory.
- 4.6 years experience building responsive web services in Java or PHP or Ruby.
- Great understanding of OOPS and design patterns.
- Experience with RDBMS like MySQL , PostgreSQL etc
- Experience in building distributed applications, SOA , RESTful applications
- Experience with Refactoring, Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Git/SVN/CVS, Continuous integration & Continuous delivery.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Knowledge of most of these : virtualization, docker, public/private clouds, relational and non relational databases , web architectures , filesystems, queueing systems, caching, scaling, sharding, config management, metrics and logging systems.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Work with a high performance team of software engineers to design & develop world-class, highly available, scalable & reliable products / web services in the IaaS, SaaS, PaaS space.
- Understand requirements, own, collaborate and deliver new features and services at a fast pace.
- Use MVC frameworks, OOPs concepts, SOA concepts to build loosely coupled applications, scalable applications.
- Participate in the entire lifecycle of the product – design, documentation, coding, testing and deployment
- Participate in the prioritization, scoping and scheduling processes for new products and features.
- Learn new technology & practices, mentor the team and conduct training sessions – devote time for learning and continuous improvement of self and team.
- Build platforms, frameworks , APIs, libraries & automated tools to facilitate rapid issue resolution and development & deployment of new features and changes.
- Imbibe and maintain a strong customer service oriented attitude while designing and building products
- Participate in recruiting the best for your teams
- Abide by our organization’s Information Security Policies and guidelines. Information security is the responsibility of every individual working for the organization and all employees have to follow the organization’s Information Security Policies at all times