Endurance International Group is a publicly traded (NASDAQ: EIGI) technology company that helps power small and medium-sized businesses online. Through its proprietary cloud platform, Endurance provides web presence solutions including web hosting, eCommerce, eMarketing and mobile business tools to approximately 4.4 million subscribers around the globe. The companys world-class family of brands includes Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, A Small Orange, MOJO Marketplace, BigRock and ResellerClub, among others.
In India, Endurance has a very strong presence through its brands Hostgator, BlueHost, BigRock, ResellerClub & Logicboxes. Through its strong performance & brand marketing activities, Endurance has been able to cement itself as an innovative family of brands that are market leaders within their categories.
Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs more than 2,700 people across the United States in Utah, Texas, Washington and Arizona and in the United Kingdom, India, Israel and Brazil.
What is the job like?
You will be responsible to handle incident response, troubleshooting and fix for various product/services.
- Linux: Good understanding of Linux Systems, Any Shell/Bash, sed/awk/grep/egrep, VI/VIM/Emacs, netstat, lsof, strace, ps/top/atop/dstat, grub boot config & systems rescue, fstab/disk labels, ext3/ext4, IPtables, sysstat (sar/vmstat/iostat etc), run-levels & startup scripts, sudo/chroot/chkrootkit/rkhunter.
- Windows: Windows 2000/2003/2008, NTFS chkdisk/acls etc, Troubleshoot system/application faults using Event logs, Updates via WSUS, Terminal Services, IIS Fundamentals
- Scripting: Any of Bash/PERL/Ruby/Python/PHP.
- Fundamentals: Basic DNS & Networking, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, HA & Load Balancing Concepts.
- Application Protocols: SMTP,HTTP,FTP,IMAP,POP.
- Shifts:Must be willing to work in shifts (including at night and on holidays)
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Participate in 24×7 shifts
- Monitor the stability of our products with various internal tools.
- Handle incident response, troubleshooting and fix for various product/services.
- Handle escalations as per policies/procedures.
- Get different internal/external groups together to resolve production site issues effectively.
- Communicate clearly on tickets, phone calls made to the team about various issues.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency to resolve issues.
- Ensure SLA’s and Operational standards are met.
- Raise tickets to different internal groups to resolve recurrent problems, alerts and follow-up on escalated issues.
- Liaison with engineering teams for RCA’s, permanent resolutions on issues affecting production sites.
- Contribute to Operations handbook.
- Ensure smooth hand-offs between shifts.
- Abide by our organization’s Information Security Policies and guidelines. Information security is the responsibility of every individual working for the organization and all employees have to follow the organization’s Information Security Policies at all times